We are thrilled to announce our short-list for the Oxford Flash Fiction Prize 2021.
If your story is listed, please do not identify which story belongs to you, as the judges finalise the winners.
SHORT LISTED STORIES
- A drag queen named Lipstick by Conor Duggan
- Barking Mad by Richard Frost
- Connie by Linda Morse
- Fearful Symmetry by Holly Barratt
- For the love of Plantains by Cornerlis Affre
- Let’s pretend by E.E Rhodes
- Milestones by Frances Gapper
- No One’s Dream by Benjamin Britworth
- Procrastination by Helen Rushworth
- Ready the Heart by Lynsey May
- Show your colours by Sarah McPherson
- Skin by Daniel Draper
- Some Small Change by Thomas Moody
- Spent Matches by Tali’s Johnson
- Sticks and Stones by Elizabeth Smith
- The Mycologist by Louis Rossi
- The Ocean he poured inside by Patrick Clarke
- Tempus Ferriviaria by Kim Donovan
Many wonderful stories just missed the final list, which is why we want to offer a chance to win a free critique on your entry when you sign up to our mailing list.
Would you like another pair of eyes on your work? Would you like a closer look at your story and what may or may not be working? Writing is a craft, and we hope you will be inspired to keep going with a little extra help from us. Your next story, may just be our next winner.
Our next competition will be opening on the 1 May 2021. Soon, we will also be announcing more prizes as part of the summer competition. We will be providing more opportunities to win and more rewards for those who enter.